1. MINIMUM CRITERIA OF USING A PIECE OF LAND AS BUILDING SITE:
1.1. Person / persons having right of erection on a plot of land or who is the owner(s) of a plot of land having deed of conveyance and mutation certificate and has no dues towards property and other Municipal taxes may apply for a building sanction plan within the Siliguri Municipal Corporation Area, subject to fulfillment of other conditions as stated in “ The West Bengal Municipal Building Rules, 2007.
1.2. Minimum width at roadside of the land should not be less than 6.0m.
1.3. Every plot shall abut a means of access, which may be a public street or private street or passage. It shall be 2.4 m or more.
1.4. Land record is in conformity with the proposed construction;
1.5. The land is capable of being well drained by means of drainage facilities leading to existing public drains or drainage channels.
2. HOW & WHERE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR APPROVAL OF SITES AND FOR PERMISSION TO CONSTRUCT OR RE - CONSTRUCT BUILDING OTHER THAN HUTS:
2.1. Before submission of the building plan, approval of the building site has to be obtained.
2.2. Site plan of Up to parking + 3 - storied (parking + three storied) residential building upto 5 tenements has to be submitted in the Borough Offices and will be cleared from respective Borough Offices.
2.3. Site plan of 3 - storied (three) and above 3- storied (three) residential above 5 tenements and all types of commercial building & Mixed Used Buildings has to be submitted at “ Building Cell “ of S.M.C. head office.
3. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE “APPLICATION FORM” FOR APPROVAL OF SITE PLAN:
3.1.1. L.U.C.C. along with sanction site plan from Siliguri - Jalpaiguri Development Authority. (SJDA).
3.1.2. Every application, specified in rule (4) sub-rule (1) of W.B. Municipal (Building) Rules, 2007, for approval of a site for a building shall be submitted in “From A”, can be obtained by paying Rs. 10.00 (Rupees ten) subject to revision from time to time in the respective offices and accompanied by a site-plan in triplicate along with the other documents such as:
- Xerox copy of land deed, chain deed,
- Xerox copy of land mutation certificate.
- Xerox copy of land revenue receipt,
- Xerox copy of recent holding tax receipt in case of old building/ new building for extension purpose and
- If any other document required for sanction a Site Plan as directed by the authority from time to time. &
- The site plan shall be drawn as per rule (4), sub-rule (4) of W.B. Municipal (Building) Rules, 2007 and to be submitted in conformity with the Rules 14 & 15 of W.B. Municipal Building Rules, 2007.